This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I stay home or go away to college?
02-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Should I stay home or go away to college?
Well to keep this as brief as possible, I am going to graduate from a CC this spring, with a 3.45 GPA in Accounting. I have been accepted by 3 SUNY schools, (I live in NY) and one of which is literally around the corner from my house.

I'd kinda like to stay home, but I don't want to regret the missed opportunities, I understand one of my choices, SUNY Oswego, is a very good school for accounting, on the other hand, the one close to my home, SUNY IT, is not as great.

I just want to hear people who have either stayed home for schooling or went away to better schools, and how their life was after.

Society puts in your head the better the school the better you do in life, I just want to know how true that is.

I'd love to stay home, stay connected, continue working and saving money and save $15,000 on tuition if I should, I'd just like to know what type of handicap I would be at choosing the lesser school if I were to stay home.

On the other hand, how much better off I'd be if I went to a better school.

Sorry if I'm all over the place, I only have until May, please ask me any more information I will be happy to assist.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Should I stay home or go away to college? - Michael - 02-19-2014 12:31 PM
[] - Sam - 02-19-2014, 12:36 PM
[] - leonard c - 02-19-2014, 12:45 PM
[] - homebuyer - 02-19-2014, 12:47 PM
[] - Frosty327 - 02-19-2014, 12:52 PM
[] - Jules - 02-19-2014, 12:56 PM