This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it normal to be 14 and on birth control?
02-19-2014, 12:54 PM

It's not normal, but it is definitely okay. The same problem runs in my family. My aunt had this problem since she was 12. She went on birth control immediately. My sister was diagnosed with anemia, and originally started taking iron supplement pills. It got too out of hand, and she had to go on birth control as well. I have been on birth control for a year now (I had extremely heavy flow and cramping). While I can't say a confusing pill schedule is convenient, it is the better alternative that bleeding like Niagra Falls. As a side note, try to minimize the use of ultra tampons. They can "loosen" you vagina, which not only leads to blood coming out easier, but less pleasure for a male partner during sex (not to be vulgar, just something to be aware of for the future). Going on the pill as a young teenager can lead to weight loss, hormone issues, and moodiness. But, it mostly depends on the pill you take. It won't always get rid of the acne. Majority of the time, being on the pill goes just fine. Just be very aware of medicines you take in addition to the pill, as some side effects or issues may occur. Whatever you do, do not use the pill you take as your only form of birth control or protection. Because you will probably be on a pill more specified for slowing down periods, they shouldn't be viewed as a 100% "no pregnancy" sort of deal. Remember, on the pill, you will still get your period, just very rarely. Regarding your acne, I recommend topical clindomycin. Your doctor can prescribe it to you, and it works like a charm. It's safe too. If that doesn't work for you, try Acutane. This is a lot harder to be prescribed for, and I only suggest it if your acne gets to the stage where it starts to scar you. Acutane is a very toxic medicine with a lot of side effects. Chapped lips, dry skin, bone issues, back problems, and most importantly-- birth defects. You absolutely cannot get pregnant while taking Acutane, because extreme complications will occur. Some say that even years after stopping the medicine and getting pregnant, slight defects occur. Do a lot of research about it and be very sure that's the choice you want to make. The good news is, after 2 months, your face will be cleared up. I don't speak from personal experience about the Acutane, but I've had family members use it. I hope this answered a lot of your questions, I went through a lot of these problems as a teenager.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - crazy - 02-19-2014, 12:36 PM
[] - Night - 02-19-2014, 12:43 PM
[] - Jay-Jay - 02-19-2014, 12:49 PM
[] - Becca - 02-19-2014 12:54 PM