This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Y&R .... Do you think we will hear?
02-19-2014, 01:25 PM

I'm convinced he was fired mainly because of his ongoing feud with Eric Braeden, which escalated this year.

He's not the only good actor who's had trouble with Braeden, Peter Bergman nearly got fired 20 years ago after they had a fight, but Jeanne Cooper intervened. Since then, Peter Bergman has accepted being 'secondary status' to Victor and always losing out to him, he's never been too outspoken. But MM was less able to take it.

There probably were allegations from HK but they seem suspect to me, Sony and CBS have just used it to justify the firing without it seems doing any real investigation into the incident. There have been no charges laid against MM and as far as I'm concerned, innocent until proven guilty.

I don't think MM can sue Sony or CBS they would've had themselves legally covered. They could fire him at will and MM will still be under a non disclosure agreement for the term of his original contract.

The veterans on the show often seem to ignore the non disclosure agreements to shoot their mouths off, as their conduct on Twitter shows.

MM is probably waiting for it to blow over a bit then will look at his other options. I am hoping he can cross to GH and as somebody else said, finding success elsewhere will be his biggest vindication. He has fan support, his main female costar Sharon Case standing by him, and he is friends with Maura West. 10 years from now, will Hunter King be anywhere or remembered much? Likely not, but not judging either party.

I think Sony - being mainly executives - may have underestimated how fans would feel, I have stopped watching Y&R over this after 20 years viewing. But I'm realistic, most people will continue watching the show out of habit despite the poor quality. So the best for MM would be get a better acting gig elsewhere and leave Y&R behind in the dust.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Y&R .... Do you think we will hear? - MAK - 02-19-2014, 12:37 PM
[] - Kitty 2 - 02-19-2014, 12:40 PM
[] - Kathy - 02-19-2014, 12:47 PM
[] - James Blackley - 02-19-2014, 12:56 PM
[] - Thunderoustwig932 - 02-19-2014, 01:06 PM
[] - school1859 - 02-19-2014, 01:08 PM
[] - Dkingz - 02-19-2014, 01:17 PM
[] - Luka - 02-19-2014, 01:20 PM
[] - Meh - 02-19-2014 01:25 PM