This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it wrong that I can't forgive her?
02-19-2014, 12:47 PM

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you.

As someone who has suffered from abuse in the past, I can defiantly tell you that you are feeling normal. Some times Mother's turn a blind eye and pretend nothing happened because they don't want to be disgusted in themselves, so they rather run away - protect the family name, as it were.

If I were you, I would confront your Mother, once and for all. If she doesn't see what she's done, then I would give up on her. Having that constant reminder of your past can't do you any good, when you're trying to move forward in your life.

I think the next step for you would be to talk to your GP, explain about your flashbacks, he would refer you to your local Mental Health service, and you can get help. Talk things through and get coping methods. It's really not as bad as people make out, and if you don't like the person you're seeing, you can always ask to see someone else.

I always feel the same way with my partner, it's also normal to feel that way from what's happened to you - your perspective on love and care isn't confused because of the abuse.

I hope this has helped, and please, if you can, let me know how you get on. I have faith in you. Remember: you are not a victim, you are a SURVIVOR.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Stephanie - 02-19-2014 12:47 PM
[] - Daniils - 02-19-2014, 12:51 PM
[] - XTIAN170174 - 02-19-2014, 12:55 PM