This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are social networking sites costing us our privacy?
10-14-2012, 12:39 PM

No, I don't think social networking sites are costing us our privacy. I think it's just an easier way for people to keep in touch. We're the ones who decide what to put up on our own profiles -- depending on how "private" a person you are, you can either put up every little detail about your life, or you can put up nothing.

It's unfortunate Miley's picture was misinterpreted, but at the same time, she lives in a different world than the rest of us. Celebrities themselves lose their privacy once they reach a particular famous status, but I don't think this has to do with social networking sites.

As for "creepers," that's really a risk you take. Decide who you want to be your friend on these social networking sites, then you won't have to worry about creepers. I'm sure if you only kept "real" friends on your site, you'd know they weren't "creepers" so you wouldn't have to worry about that. I know realistically we all have friends we don't really talk to in real life, but that's also the beauty of Facebook -- just put those people on limited profile and who cares if they try to stalk you since they just have limited access to your profile anyway.

Overall, it's all about how much information you decide to share on these sites and who you let have access to your profile. I don't think it's the social networking sites themselves.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - SC@VENGER - 10-14-2012, 12:39 PM
[] - kaire - 10-14-2012 12:39 PM
[] - styrckt - 10-14-2012, 12:39 PM
[] - greg h - 10-14-2012, 12:39 PM
[] - Joakim M - 10-14-2012, 12:39 PM
[] - Daily.Bullsh - 10-14-2012, 12:39 PM
[] - Missy M - 10-14-2012, 12:39 PM