This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this a "Oneness" Pentecostal church?
02-19-2014, 12:46 PM

Its hard to tell by just going by a churchs name.

Simply ask for a Doctrinal Statement or a Statement of Faith.

If they don't have one handy then simply ask the Pastor or one of the elders if they believe in the traditional Trinty.

If they are Oneness Pentecostal they will say no. (they might try to be a little evasive but its not hard to pin em down.

Let us know what happens. ok?

...theBerean

Added: I just looked at the link and they do not have any kind of doctrinal statement on the page. But I can tell you that they are into all of the "sign" gifts. Tongues, Healings, various expressions of the "Spirit", etc,. So if you are not in agreement with that you will be very uncomfortable attending there. Personally, I know I could not attend as I have some serious doctrinal differences with those teachings. In my view some of that is skating way too close to the line of heresy. But you may have a different view.

Added2: I am sorry to hear that you are confused on the Trinity. I certainly hope and pray that you soon get that settled in your mind. It is an ESSIENTIAL doctrine. One is not a Christian without believing it.

@Anonymous: Be assured that NOBODY understands the Trinity. To full understand Gods nature we would have to be God. But it is taught in Scripture. Basically, the bible says there is but one God. It then proceeds to call the Father God. The Son God, and the Holy Spirit God. Hence the three Persons ARE the One God. It never explains it. Probably because we would not understand it even if we were told. At bottom, that is as far as ANYONE can take it. God doesn't owe us an explanation. In fact, God doesn't even owe us as much as He HAS told us. He owes nobody nothing.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - theBerean - 02-19-2014 12:46 PM
[] - john b. loved - 02-19-2014, 12:54 PM
[] - HG Wells - 02-19-2014, 01:03 PM
[] - Annsan_In_Him - 02-19-2014, 01:04 PM
[] - Talmidah - 02-19-2014, 01:08 PM
[] - tugboat - 02-19-2014, 01:11 PM
[] - Diane - 02-19-2014, 01:15 PM