This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is this a "Oneness" Pentecostal church?
02-19-2014, 01:08 PM

Hello, A. It sounds like you did find a Oneness Pentecostal church. My advice is to "run, don't walk."
. Sweetie, for several years i had been in a Christian-appearing religion that didn't believe in the Trinity. So, this was a question that i needed to work through myself.
. But by that time, i had had so many people telling me so many differing and conflicting things that i had finally come to understand that the only One that i could trust and turn to to tell me the REAL truth was God/Jesus Christ Himself. Additionally, the religion that i had belonged to taught us that the Bible was the Word of God, nothing added or taken away, teaching us that "God means what He says and says what He means" ... and that was the very teaching that finally helped me to know that the Trinity is correct ----- i figured that if i could say what i mean and mean what i say even though i am fallible and finite, God being omnipotent certainly could .... and i simply just read the Bible the way i would read any other written material (history, poetry, philosophy, ethics, civics, etc.), without reading my own or anyone else's interpretation into what He was writing. And, of course, i asked Him to show me His Truth, not mine or anyone else's, wanting it.
. As i had my daily Bible readings, i started making a list of scriptures that seemed to point to the fact that Jesus Christ was God and those that seemed to point to the fact that He wasn't. Eventually, i came up with a list that had about as many scriptures on one side as on the other ------ and that was when He showed me 1 Timothy 3:16 in the KJV and the Greek Interlinear Bible ... and that one scripture tied ALL those seemingly contradictory scriptures together, showing me that the Trinity was true and that Jesus Christ is God.
In additon, He helped me to understand that in the same way that we people are made up of a body, soul, and spirit but we are still one individual, so is He made up of Three but is still One Individual. The only difference is that we people can't separate those parts of us from each other without dieing while He can.
. There are many Pentecostal-type denominations out there, A. The one that i would recommend the highest to you would be the Church of God International. The website for the Mount Paran North Church of God in Marietta, GA, USA will give you a taste of what that denomination is like (i know its head pastor, Dr. Mark Walker, and HIGHLY recommend him). New Life Ministries, newlife.com, should help you to find a loving but docrinally accurate church, too. Equip.org, The Christian Research Institute is another resource that i HIGHLY recommend to you.
I need to let you go, A. I am running out of room.
I hope that helps you.
I will be praying for you.
T
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - theBerean - 02-19-2014, 12:46 PM
[] - john b. loved - 02-19-2014, 12:54 PM
[] - HG Wells - 02-19-2014, 01:03 PM
[] - Annsan_In_Him - 02-19-2014, 01:04 PM
[] - Talmidah - 02-19-2014 01:08 PM
[] - tugboat - 02-19-2014, 01:11 PM