This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think people have distorted views over bullying and harassment?
02-19-2014, 12:45 PM
Do you think people have distorted views over bullying and harassment?
I think they do, I am bisexual so I know what it's like to not be accepted by others. I also know the difference between someone not liking me and flat out harassment. I think a lot of new bullying laws could help kids on one hand, it would make it illegal to slander and viciously harass others online. On the other hand I also think some of these laws may open the door for frivolous lawsuits like "she said my dress wasn't nice on twitter, I want to sue!" or "he doesn't want to date me, he said so on facebook, I want to sue!" I know bullying is a major problem, but do you think parents also have the responsibility of teaching kids that not everyone will love them as well? Or teaching them to stand strong because the world can be ugly at times? What about teaching them the difference between true harassment and frivolous petty arguments? I think a lot of people could interpret petty childish behavior as bullies, I agree that schools should make it a point to prevent harassment, bit I also know that some people's interpretation of harassment is completely warped.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Do you think people have distorted views over bullying and harassment? - tyrese - 02-19-2014 12:45 PM
[] - Ben - 02-19-2014, 12:52 PM
[] - Zach Beck - 02-19-2014, 12:54 PM
[] - PvZ 2 - 02-19-2014, 12:56 PM