This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is a social work major hard?
02-19-2014, 12:46 PM
Is a social work major hard?
Hi everyone! I am a freshmen on college currently majoring in biology. I have started to reconsider my major because I am not liking my classes and dread going to them everyday. In my search for what to change my major to I have come across social work. I think the career sounds very interesting, and I am starting to look more into it. But, I was wondering how hard it is to obtain a degree in social work? Are the classes hard? Is the homework you get hard?
What kind of classes would I have to take?
I have read that getting a job after you graduate isn't all too hard, and that the job market for social workers is expected to grow by 25% by the year 2020.
Also, my cousin is a social worker in a hospital. Do you think it would be a good idea to see if I can shadow her for a few days in the summer to see if I like the career?

I am meeting with my academic advisor next wednesday to schedule classes for next semester, but I am going to talk to my advisor about changing majors.
Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Is a social work major hard? - Addison Mckinley - 02-19-2014 12:46 PM
[] - Ruby - 02-19-2014, 12:55 PM
[] - Supercell - 02-19-2014, 01:04 PM
[] - OldChair - 02-19-2014, 01:09 PM