This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is a social work major hard?
02-19-2014, 12:55 PM

I'm in a similar boat as you, I too dread going to classes but I don't feel like I need to change my major. I just need to get motivated.
If you feel like social work would be more interesting and you'll actually want to pursue a career in it, I'd say go for it. Like most courses of study its going to be challenging to obtain a degree but if you put all of your efforts and hard work into it, it will pay off. As a bonus if you are interested in majoring in social work you may find yourself intrigued in learning new things about the subject and it won't really feel like 'work'.
That would be a great idea. Sometimes what you learn in theory is completely different in practice so this could give you an insight into the life of a social worker. Don't forget though there a many careers and different branches in social work, so as you study you might find that you want to specialize in a completely different career as your cousin.
Just give it go, you can always change your majors around, leave college for a year and work and have some time to decide for what you want for your future.
All the best and I hope it all goes well! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Ruby - 02-19-2014 12:55 PM
[] - Supercell - 02-19-2014, 01:04 PM
[] - OldChair - 02-19-2014, 01:09 PM