This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to Care for a Corn Snake?
02-20-2014, 03:47 AM

Yes that is a lot hahaha. Welcome to the hobby, however you are going to need to look into a little more so that you can keep it healthy. You'll need a. Small enclosure whilst it's a juvenile, then as it gets larger you can upgrade to a larger tank. Ensure there are no gaps or holes in the enclosure for it to escape and that it includes water, somewhere to hide and climb, a heating source (such as a heat light or mat) and a thermostat (a device that regulates the temperatures, often the most expensive part if you want a good one). I like to feed snakes pinkie mice, and they'll have one of those a week. As the reptile gets larger you move onto to bigger mice and rats (look into that a little more as well. If you experience problems with feeding search youtube or try and find someone you know who has experience for help). Also if you want to handle it I suggest you handle it as much as you can whilst it's young, it will bite but it doesn't hurt a bit (trust me). Corn snakes are a good starting snake, spotted pythons and children's pythons are also other good options if you willing to see what you like best. Taking care of reptiles is a little time com summing and expensive at first, however if you enjoy it you'll won't even notice. Have fun, look up some care sheets and talk to more people to learn the details. : )

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to Care for a Corn Snake? - Sakura - 02-20-2014, 03:38 AM
[] - TK - 02-20-2014 03:47 AM
[] - Christopher - 02-20-2014, 03:53 AM