This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to Care for a Corn Snake?
02-20-2014, 03:53 AM

Ok hopefully I answer all your questions lol. You can use a screen lid. Make sure you buy clips for it so the snake can not get out. The tank size you can get anywhere from a 20 gallon long to as big as you want. A 40 gallon tank would be the best they will grow into it and will not out grow that tank. Bedding I would go with Native Earth Sani Aspen Chips. This will clump up when the snake poos making clean up easy. You only have to clean their tank out once a month if you spot clean. Spot clean is when you see it you clean it right away. Feed them once a week as well. Then you allow two days for the snake to digest properly. The signs of your snake getting ready to shed, your snake will become dull in color and the eyes will get cloudy. After 5-6 days the eyes will clear back up. Then within the next few days your snake will have shed. You can handle them while they are in shed but not as they are shedding the skin. Best heating device for the snake would be an under the tank heater. You should also get a thermostat called hydro farm. You can get it off of amazon.com. This device hooks up to your under the tank heater and controls the temps you set it at. Very easy to use. Your temps should be between 80-88 degrees F. Snakes are solitary they can not be housed with others. They do that at pet stores to sell them more. You should check out my facebook page at Corn Snake Facts and Questions. You will learn a lot of information on this page. Everyone on this page has nothing but great things to say about this. You can add pics of your snake on here as well as any questions you might have. I have years of experience with corn, milk, and king snakes. Hope to see you on this page!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How to Care for a Corn Snake? - Sakura - 02-20-2014, 03:38 AM
[] - TK - 02-20-2014, 03:47 AM
[] - Christopher - 02-20-2014 03:53 AM