This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook account hacked, how do I get back control?
02-20-2014, 12:55 PM
Facebook account hacked, how do I get back control?
My Facebook account was hacked this morning. I was alerted to it by an email from FB asking if I had really wanted to change my email address. At first I thought that was the scam but when I went into my account I could see someone had posted on my page that I urgently needed help. Since I never logged off last night I could get on but I couldn't change anything. I clicked the link from the FB email to say that I didn't change my email address and then I tried to change my password to get control back. That didn't work because they'd send an email to my hacker at her email address too! I reported that I'd been hacked to FB but I haven't received any information from them regarding what they're doing. According to my husband my account seems to be locked out but now I'm wondering what to do. I can't figure out how to contact FB directly and get status. BTW, I did not do anything like download something dumb to my account. I did not, however, log off last night when I was done with it, probably how they got in. Any suggestions?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Facebook account hacked, how do I get back control? - Kelly W - 02-20-2014 12:55 PM
[] - Jim R - 02-20-2014, 12:55 PM
[] - Emil - 02-20-2014, 01:04 PM