This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
how to stop facebook from sending notification emails?
02-21-2014, 09:01 AM

I actually found this out recently. If you send a nonFB member an e-mail with a link to a photo on FB and they click to it, that person automatically has an "account." I've had four friends who have "accounts" of FB who never started accounts. I don't know if this is a glitch or if it's FB's way of getting more members, and I don't think many people are aware of this. Though your friend never saw these photos at all?

In any case, my suggestion would be for your friend to actually open a FB account, using this e-mail address to which she's getting e-mails. If she keeps the account, she can just change the e-mail address in Account Settings so that when she's tagged in the future, her name will be attached to the new e-mail. Or she can choose to not receive notification. If she decides NOT to keep the account, she can just terminate the account immediately, voiding the e-mail address that she's getting e-mails to. There's no guarantee that she wouldn't be tagged in the future, but she should mention this to her friends.

I've not tried either method, but it seems to make the most sense to me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - orange.peeler - 02-21-2014, 08:58 AM
[] - skokiesam - 02-21-2014 09:01 AM