This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does anyone here have 2 full-time high paying jobs?
02-21-2014, 10:03 AM

I have two degrees, one in English, the other in biology. Before achieving my masters it was not uncommon for me to work two jobs: I would commonly work in a lab, using my bio degree, and work as a copyeditor using my English degree. It was not uncommon for me to work 60-80 hours a week. My lab job I would work 35-40 hours a week. My lab job only required me to complete projects or studies, so I could control my hours. My copyediting job was actually very similar, I completed projects and then billed for hours worked; plus I could work from home.
This worked for because I had control over my working hours.
Looking back, I was exhausted and did not have much of a social life. Thankfully I was in a strong relationship with a person that also worked crazy hours while attending medical school; we are now married. My point here is that I was lucky in my relationship, and that socially you will need someone that supports and respects your choice to work more, and a person that perhaps lives an independent life. It was not uncommon for me to work late into the night and all of the weekend. I was making good money and I was able to payoff a nice amount of my student loans.
I do not know what you plan on doing with cars, but computer programming is a great job. And the US job market is short on computer programmers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - 789 - 02-21-2014, 09:48 AM
[] - lpfan540 - 02-21-2014, 09:49 AM
[] - Mack - 02-21-2014 10:03 AM