This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How would you interpret the hidden meaning of 'Upstream Color' by Shane Carruth?
02-22-2014, 04:17 AM
How would you interpret the hidden meaning of 'Upstream Color' by Shane Carruth?
I think that it is below:

It's a movie about how a person loses everything, then that person goes to extreme moments, like depression. But then, that person will realize some things, like hope. But when that person finds hope, he/she doesn't have hope anymore. Despite that, in time, she/he realizes that it might work out, it might be her/his help. And then, that person will work it out with hard work and finally, live a happy life, but then, will again experience problems, problems he/she again, can't understand. But this time, that person doesn't have to be alone, because he/she has friends/helps by his/her side, and together, they will fix the problem.

I don't really get the interpretation of Shane Carruth himself about the movie interpretation is 'Identity defines you, or you define your identity.' What's your way of seeing it?

Oh and does Shane Carruth has a Twitter or Facebook, I really really like his movie 'Primer' too.

-TL

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How would you interpret the hidden meaning of 'Upstream Color' by Shane Carruth? - Keith Leonard - 02-22-2014 04:17 AM
[] - Rosie-doll Too - 02-22-2014, 04:27 AM