This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How can I control my Social Anxiety Without Medicine?
10-14-2012, 06:26 PM

It sounds like you want to address the root causes of your problems rather than simply alleviating the symptoms. This is definitely the way to go and the good news is that there are plenty of ways of doing this.

One approach is to work out your thoughts and feelings about the things that cause you stress and to test your assumptions and beliefs about them, especially where unhelpful or unrealistic. By trying out new ways of reacting you can essentially change your behaviour to something more positive and useful. Sometimes the best approach is simply to sit down and think your way through your problems.

This approach does work, and is an effective alternative to medication for many. It's something you can do yourself, and the approach is also used professionally - it's called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT). There are many low cost resources which can help you work your way through this, including books and DVDs.

I really hope this helps. Sometimes problems are best solved through thinking and talking - and solved properly - without the need for constant medication.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - kristina - 10-14-2012, 06:26 PM
[] - shaneris5 - 10-14-2012, 06:26 PM
[] - poggles789 - 10-14-2012, 06:26 PM
[] - Idontknow - 10-14-2012, 06:26 PM
[] - Olivia B - 10-14-2012, 06:26 PM
[] - Leroy J - 10-14-2012, 06:26 PM
[] - Harry B - 10-14-2012 06:26 PM