This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are some views on eating disorders?
02-24-2014, 02:42 AM

YES they need to raise awareness.
Many people suffer from them. When I went to highschool I knew a lot of girls (not really boys) with eating disorders. Its bad and its an epedemic.

People do it because they feel like their body weight is out of control (whether it is or isnt) and go to unhealthy, difficult and damaging extremes to achieve a certain look.

If a person really does need to lose weight they need to do so in a healthy way.

If a person does not need to lose weight they can excersize/eat better but not develop an eating disorder!

This reflects the mental health of a fat nation with anorexic (not all) beauty standards. A little funny isn't it? More attention should be drawn to this because it reflects the mental health of our society as a whole and what factors upset it.

This is also interesting in gender studies as more girls suffer from eating disorders one would wonder if they are more pressured to look good than boys and the repercussions/studies of that etc etc
(Though boys may have horrible eating disorders as well that need to be treated equally, of course)

Hope I helped you
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - TheProblemSolver - 02-24-2014, 02:40 AM
[] - Lauren - 02-24-2014 02:42 AM
[] - Elitza - 02-24-2014, 02:56 AM
[] - Serene E - 02-24-2014, 02:59 AM
[] - Mark - 02-24-2014, 03:08 AM