This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How does one go about making there book more "known" by the public, popular?
02-24-2014, 08:59 PM

akaMaryn sort of has it right, unfortunately. The way to go is to find forums where you can subtly mention your book and get people curious. You may be able to find people who do podcast interviews of writers (like EatSleepWrite who approached and interviewed me, but it didn't translate into book sales). There are book blogs and reviewers out there, too, and some will review non commercial and self-published books,but it is just about as difficult to get their attention as that of an agent these days. I have 3 self-published fiction books out that sparsely sell and 1 nonfiction book that sells a few books a month because it is niche and because I was able to get 2 top people in that niche to review the book soon after I published it. I have a Web site and a blog that supports my writing, but I do not know whether these sites help drive readership. If you can put together YouTube vids related to the book, that might be helpful, too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Know it All - 02-24-2014, 08:26 PM
[] - Diane - 02-24-2014, 08:29 PM
[] - akaMaryn - 02-24-2014, 08:31 PM
[] - Thought - 02-24-2014, 08:44 PM
[] - philosophyangel - 02-24-2014 08:59 PM