This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am creating a Facebook page for my photography... and I eventually want it to evolve into a small business.?
02-24-2014, 11:36 PM

I'm sorry but all the best photographers don't post their work on Facebook.

Facebook is a social networking site. It's not ideal for sharing quality photos, ok so you might get a few contacts or potential customers, but the horrible things facebook does to uploaded photos won't do you any favours. The main problem is that facebook resizes all images, and adds unacceptable amounts of jpeg compression to photographs. Sure it's fine for sharing pics you took at your kid's birthday party, or grandma & grandpa's 50th wedding anniversary. But for serious stuff, try something else.

Much better to get yourself a proper website, where you can control the quality of the images you upload. Or if that doesn't float you boat, then think about getting an account with a website designed specifically for image sharing, such as Flickr (which is free) http://www.flickr.com

When you have something better fixed up, then think about getting a facebook business page. But don't rely on facebook for your marketing. You need to be able to point people in the direction of your proper site, with all your best work shown to it's full potential.

BTW avoid using catchy names. Use your own name. All serious photographers do.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Christopher - 02-24-2014, 10:57 PM
[] - JOHN - 02-24-2014, 11:04 PM
[] - faintcub512 - 02-24-2014, 11:06 PM
[] - Eric Lefebvre - 02-24-2014, 11:15 PM
[] - GloomyThoughts - 02-24-2014, 11:24 PM
[] - Steve P - 02-24-2014, 11:32 PM
[] - B K - 02-24-2014 11:36 PM