This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i think i obsess about some people ( maybe not an obsession but i am sure it is more than admiration)?
02-24-2014, 11:09 PM

I don't think that 'obsession' is the correct word for this situation. in fact I don't think that the correct word exists. I also happen to think that the condition only affects people of a certain type.
I think that for this condition to apply you will probably be a quiet person, not one who runs around with a rowdy crowd. You pleasures are lone pleasures, so personally intense that they are not the sort that can be shared very well as a group activity. Friendships are very special to you and not to be lightly regarded. You spell friend with a capital F, The rest of them you regard, with great respect, as acquaintances.
Therefore when you meet someone who fulfils your strict criteria, you have given the matter considerable thought, and having considered all the pro's and con's have arrived at the conclusion that this person is just about perfect.
Actually this feeling is very much in error, for perfect in this world just doesn't exist. However, its a wonderful feeling to meet someone who is just about as perfect as you are ever likely to get.
Your never likely to meet very many folk like this, and its perfectly natural to regard them as super special.
If 'obsession' is the correct word, then there should be more of it, for its very beautiful, for nothing as lovely as this can ever be wrong. As long as it includes that element of respect, then the 'sufferer' is a very lucky person indeed.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Will - 02-24-2014, 11:02 PM
[] - Billandhiscats - 02-24-2014 11:09 PM
[] - ArrogantAssassin737 - 02-24-2014, 11:18 PM
[] - corncrake - 02-24-2014, 11:26 PM