This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How would you describe my political persuasion?
02-25-2014, 12:34 AM
How would you describe my political persuasion?
I am a registered Democrat. However, my many unorthodox positions make me an enigma in my own party and the word "liberal" has never been used to describe me.

On social issues, I tilt to the left. I am pro-choice, I applauded the long-overdue repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, I oppose criminalizing "hate speech," and support giving patients in the final stages of terminal illness the option of phyisician-assisted suicide.

On the domestic front, I am closer to the center. I would authorize the use of the federal death penalty for drug traffickers. I support returning immigration to sustainable levels, prosecuting the mayors of declared "sanctuary cities," and levying harsh fines against businesses that hire illegal immigrants. However, I support giving illegal immigrants currently living in the United States the option of becoming citizens. I support the adoption of English as the official language.

I oppose indefinite detention without trial. I, however, support government surveillance of extremist groups determinted by the Department of Homeland Security to have ties with known terrorist organizations. I am an uncompromising champion of the 2nd Amendment. The right of individuals to keep and bear arms is the people's last line of defense against an oppressive government. I oppose the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act because it is a 35 billion dollar subsidy to the most profitable drug dealer operating in the United States, the American pharmaceutical industry. I support the implementation of a single-payer healthcare system with free choice of doctor and hospital included.

Furthermore, I support congressional term limits, sweeping campaign finance reform, the adoption and ratification of a balanced budget amendment, and replacement of the Electoral College with direct election of the President and Vice President by popular vote. On international policy, I support withdrawing all military presence from foreign soil and recommitting our resources to combating threats within our own borders. I oppose "free trade" agreements that make us uncompetitive in the global market.

Where am I politically?
Carcer, you didn't even read the question, did you? I said at the beginning of the second paragraph that I'm pro-choice.
And the award for Most Hilariously Vague Answer goes to J. D.!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
How would you describe my political persuasion? - Dirk Diggler - 02-25-2014 12:34 AM
[] - Carcer - 02-25-2014, 12:41 AM
[] - Barack W. Bush - 02-25-2014, 12:43 AM
[] - Shaun Holt - 02-25-2014, 12:51 AM
[] - Robots - 02-25-2014, 01:00 AM
[] - J. D. - 02-25-2014, 01:07 AM
[] - hoarseman - 02-25-2014, 01:16 AM
[] - scott - 02-25-2014, 01:24 AM
[] - George S - 02-25-2014, 01:26 AM
[] - Mike - 02-25-2014, 01:34 AM