This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can anyone give me any advice and ask me if I am doing/saying/thinking anything wrong here?
02-26-2014, 05:31 AM
Can anyone give me any advice and ask me if I am doing/saying/thinking anything wrong here?
Well, I was talking to a friend of mine who has been feeling suicidal (not sure how long for) and has been to see the police a lot over the past three weeks. I think she's at hospital now (she had a breakdown and tried to kill herself).

I was on her Facebook profile having a nose earlier this evening and saw she'd joined a group against child sex abuse.

I've seen she's joined a few anti-child sex abuse groups so I'm wondering if maybe that's why she's feeling suicidal? She's told me she feels like she has mental health problems too (I have Aspergers' Syndrome, she has autism).

She's quite open with me when we talk (online - we've never done so IRL or on the phone) and I want to be there as best I can for her. How do I go about doing so and what should I say when she talks about killing herself?
She's 15/16 if that's any help.... I'm wondering if a small part of it might be to do with your hormones going mental when you're a teenager.
When she told me how she was planning on killing herself, I told her that I'd miss her like crazy and that she made me think in ways I'd not really thought before (both of which are true).

I didn't say in any more detail why she shouldn't kill herself. Did I say too much?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Can anyone give me any advice and ask me if I am doing/saying/thinking anything wrong here? - swelwynemma - 02-26-2014 05:31 AM
[] - mktk401 - 02-26-2014, 05:46 AM
[] - Karina - 02-26-2014, 05:56 AM
[] - Elizabeth K - 02-26-2014, 05:58 AM
[] - Loves L - 02-26-2014, 06:03 AM
[] - friendlyadvice - 02-26-2014, 06:19 AM
[] - untimelyfarewell - 02-26-2014, 06:30 AM
[] - breakznjungle - 02-26-2014, 06:32 AM