This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can anyone give me any advice and ask me if I am doing/saying/thinking anything wrong here?
02-26-2014, 06:30 AM

Well the first thing is to always talk to her with consideration. People who are suicidal aren't usually receptive of lectures or lists of why suicide is not the answer, most of these people know all of this already. The best way to be there for her is to listen, as much as you can. If she asks questions, then answer, but try not to just go on and on talking. Listening can help a lot. Also, is she seeing a therapist, a counselor, anyone? If not, I would suggest you recommend she sees one, but make sure it's said with a good intention so she doesn't think you think she's nuts. Just try to be understanding, and let her know that you're there for her. Also, make sure she knows how much she means to you when she's talking about killing herself. She needs to hear that during those times because she probably isn't thinking logically when suicide's on her mind. Talk her through it and DO NOT LEAVE HER until you're completely sure she's recovered or at least stable enough not to worry about, even if it takes hours. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but that's the price of friendship/love.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - mktk401 - 02-26-2014, 05:46 AM
[] - Karina - 02-26-2014, 05:56 AM
[] - Elizabeth K - 02-26-2014, 05:58 AM
[] - Loves L - 02-26-2014, 06:03 AM
[] - friendlyadvice - 02-26-2014, 06:19 AM
[] - untimelyfarewell - 02-26-2014 06:30 AM
[] - breakznjungle - 02-26-2014, 06:32 AM