This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Free market theory 3 simple questions?
02-27-2014, 04:10 AM
Free market theory 3 simple questions?
If anyone would please tell me if I am right or wrong:

After reading The Adventures of Jonathan Gullible these things came to my mind (note that I do NOT have economic education and therefore my remarks may be wrong):

1) Businessmen and economists forget that we have FINITE resources on this planet. A free-market society can only work for a few decades - before everyone realises the wastefullness and miseconomy of it. Due to competition, manufacturers are forced to lower the price also by using cheaper low-quality materials. What we get is a product that has a dramatically short lifespan and ends up at a junkyard. If they built things to last, with the best technology availible etc., the entire consumer cycle would stop and the economy would collapse. In short, creating something good destroys the economy.

2) Without a government, it would be a de-facto rule of the corporations. And since at the core of our wellbeing, in the capitalist society, lies profit, the owner wants the biggest share. Today we can see how huge corporations treat their employees - they fire hundreds from their jobs without remorse, saying how they are reducing outgoings, while the topmanagers continue to buy new cars and laptops every year. And those empoyees who do stay are forced to work thrice as hard for fear of losing their job.

4) Trading consumes much energy and resources. I see no sense in importing some fruit from another part of the world because it is cheaper than the one produced at home. Why the hell is price and profit everything we look at?

When all the tries have been cut down, when all the animals have been hunted, when all the air is unsafe to breathe, only then will we realise we can't eat money.

Even today, the welfare of the whole society depends on the mercy of a select few 'investors' and such who decide where they want the economy to go. What's the use for electing politicians, anyway?
Isn't politics meant to assure our welfare?

Thank you

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Free market theory 3 simple questions? - PV - 02-27-2014 04:10 AM
[] - SDD - 02-27-2014, 04:19 AM
[] - Anjaree - 02-27-2014, 04:30 AM
[] - ace - 02-27-2014, 04:35 AM