This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should I do about feeling unappreciated at work?
02-27-2014, 07:58 PM

Ok, if you aren't getting back what you need, then it's time to start making changes in how much you invest. Sorry, but unless gutting your social life and personal life was part of the job description, you are letting yourself get taken advantage of. No more dropping everything. No more taking after hours phone calls unless it's a true emergency. Start making plans. Join a gym. Start volunteering. Do stuff for yourself. You need to shift this idea that all you deserve is work. You deserve more.

Boss: Kayla, I need you to stay to get a head start on that marketing report
You: I have plans tonight, but I am happy to get started first thing tomorrow morning. It can wait until 9am, right?

Boss: Kayla, I have 73 projects that need attention by Friday.
You: I'd be happy to help. Can you tell me which projects are priority? I can't work this weekend, but I will do my best to help with the most important projects for the rest of the week.

Boss: Kayla, I have an urgent project that I need your help on.
You: I'd be happy to help, but I'm currently working on project 1 with Bob. I'm kinda swamped with it. Should I let Bob know that I need to work on this project? When do you think I'll be done with this one so I can let Bob know?

Jobs like this tend to give annual reviews and raises. If you aren't currently doing this, ask for it. Ask for feedback on what you are doing right and what you can work on.

You can't devote everything to your work. You will wake up at 45 or 50 and realized you haven't lived.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - T - 02-27-2014, 07:30 PM
[] - coraann - 02-27-2014, 07:43 PM
[] - Nora - 02-27-2014, 07:46 PM
[] - Simpson G - 02-27-2014 07:58 PM
[] - mrreliable3599 - 02-27-2014, 08:09 PM