This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will the invasive-advertisement bubble ever burst?
02-28-2014, 11:39 AM
Will the invasive-advertisement bubble ever burst?
Is it just me or does every piece of new technology in media come with a heavy dosage of increasingly invasive advertising?

I just about had my eardrums blown by some random website with a commercial. I don't remember what the commercial was, just that it nearly gave me a heart attack while I try to listen to jazz music and read an article....

I recently deactivated facebook because now you have to pay to 'promote' your status as I started to notice my friends aren't seeing my status as often. Not to mention that half of my homepage are random advertising posts.

I use to use many mobile apps and have recently stopped that too because now I have four pop up ads I have to close to get to the app every time, it's not like the apps are THAT useful that I'll spend the extra 30 seconds to click through ads.

What about youtube? Wow, I can't remember the last time I watched youtube for more than 10 minutes without a new ad, and I love when the ads lag so I end up WAITING for the ad to play for me.

I have NEVER bought a product from an ad, maybe once from television back in 1998. How is this bringing so much revenue? Have you ever had an obnoxious, loud advertisement flash into your face while you try to use your computer or phone and responded by saying, "Wow, I really want to give that company money!"

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Will the invasive-advertisement bubble ever burst? - KillaC - 02-28-2014 11:39 AM
[] - Towanda - 02-28-2014, 11:50 AM
[] - Jane - 02-28-2014, 11:57 AM