This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How will the feminist plan of limiting men going into STEMs help women?
02-28-2014, 01:17 PM

This specific plan, by a specific (I assume, I'd need a link to see who you're actually talking about, as I have no idea where you're getting this) group is rubbish, clearly.

Ascribing it to 'feminists' as though every single feminist everywhere supports it is also rubbish. 'They' are not hellbent on limiting opportunities for males, because there is no monolithic group of feminists coming up with these initiatives.

Efforts are being made to encourage young women to go into these fields (see source). I agree with you this is the proper way to accomplish this goal.

ADD: thank you for the link - it would have been helpful to include it at the start. I note the blog entries date from 2012 - has there been any progress on actually implementing these proposals in the intervening 2 years, or has - shock, horror - a politician said something and then largely ignored it? Again, I note you say 'feminists' instead of actually naming a group or individual who wants this proposal to be taken up. That remains an unhelpful and misleading impression.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - 708 - 02-28-2014, 01:02 PM
[] - Marcus - 02-28-2014 01:17 PM
[] - Resistevil - 02-28-2014, 01:20 PM
[] - Elana - 02-28-2014, 01:23 PM