This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To all the women out there who worry about their body, this is for you?
03-02-2014, 01:58 AM

Kitty, I agree 1000% ! The article brings up a good point that we should not want to look a certain way to feel accepted by anyone whether it's for someone we're attracted to or to those around us. It should be the other way around. Those around us should accept all different bodies.

Unfortunately as this article touches on, media and other's views, more specifically societal norms and standards are so powerful in our lives that we feel there is a "right" and "wrong" way to be. When in reality... Media is made up. Media wasn't here when the Earth first came to be. Therefore all the ideas portrayed in the media are made up. Which ultimately means, there is no certain way we should or shouldn't look. Only the stereotypical way we should look.

I find myself the same. I am a skinny girl with the tiniest bit of curves. I always think (thank whoever, that i have these little curves otherwise i'd look like a stick) ..I always wish to have bigger assets and thicker thighs. Because that is what I find attractive. Yet I come across many girls who which for what I have and tell me theyd rather skinnier thighs than thick..

Everyone wants those perfectly shaped faces, and perfect curved bodies.. while some do have them, most of them don't and it's the help of technology and photoshop that make these women look so desirable.

For many, which you would never hear or see on the media, they find the more 'natural' look sexy. Example, women who have stretch marks. In the media that is undesirable, but for some people, stretch marks makes someone look more natural and therefore more attractive in some people's eyes.

Beauty is a matter or perception.. More so, beauty starts from within and shines outward. Beautiful personality, and way about someone will make them seem just as beautiful on the outside !

Great article. You're right. Many women will feel more confident from reading it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Interesting - 03-02-2014, 01:34 AM
[] - 687 - 03-02-2014, 01:48 AM
[] - Stunnah - 03-02-2014 01:58 AM
[] - Kollejira - 03-02-2014, 02:13 AM
[] - Haley - 03-02-2014, 02:20 AM