This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why am I sending spam emails and why are all my folders empty in my Yahoo account?
03-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Why am I sending spam emails and why are all my folders empty in my Yahoo account?
My email account has sent out some spam emails. This morning I received the following email from Yahoo:

Dear User,

Our systems detected an error in your account. We strongly advise you to update your account to avoid suspension or de-activation.

Click on the link below to update and activate your account security.

CLICK HERE

Thank You.
Yahoo ©.

take the survey
Yahoo! Copyright © 2014 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.

This looked entirely legitimate so I clicked and confirmed my email address. However I started getting messages from other people by telephone that I was sending out emails about the Ukraine.

I normally log on to my emails through Windows Mail. I have just logged straight on to Yahoo and all the folders are empty! I have sent myself emails from my Google and Virgin account, but they do not come into my Yahoo account except through Windows Mail, even if it is closed down. I have no names in the contact list, although if I start to write an email I can access contacts by putting in their initial letter.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Why am I sending spam emails and why are all my folders empty in my Yahoo account? - Ann - 03-02-2014 10:25 PM
[] - Kittysue - 03-02-2014, 10:27 PM