This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are you sick of Twitter?
03-09-2014, 06:34 PM

There's a problem really, nobody really knows what to do.

If you just open it and maybe just follow one blogger - like Stephen Fry or something - then it's interesting.

If you just connect to one or two friends with similar interests, then it's okay. If you just use it to say what you're doing - sometimes that's interesting.

Actually, I use identi.ca - it's not so spammy - and I keep traffic to a minimum (maybe one or two messages per minute) so it's unobtrusive - and my friends make nice posts - sometimes funny, or just interesting.

Blogging is a great leap forward from basic 'website with comments' stuff - and it will certainly not go away. My friends run a laconi.ca server - so they have a 'private' environment only for people who have accounts with their blog - it provides a great sense of community.

As it stands now, Twitter will be spammed out - serves it right for being closed source Wink

If you value your privacy, then go to http://identi.ca/

Don't sit looking at the public timeline - just get your friends/contacts/business partners to sign up and keep tabs on what you're all doing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Are you sick of Twitter? - My Answers Suck - 03-09-2014, 06:07 PM
[] - hochylora - 03-09-2014, 06:12 PM
[] - ryebread fantastic - 03-09-2014, 06:20 PM
[] - S ii IM O IN Ix - 03-09-2014, 06:21 PM
[] - DaveZ - 03-09-2014, 06:31 PM
[] - Seamonkey - 03-09-2014 06:34 PM