This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If I was president, this is how I'd fix america?
03-09-2014, 06:13 PM
If I was president, this is how I'd fix america?
Here would be my plan to "fix" the United States if I was president between the years 2016-2024. It's not all perfect, and please note that I'm a highschooler so go easy on me. But tell me what you think.

I've dubbed this the "Mitch Plan." My first act as president, if I'm even allowed to interfere with this, would be to establish open primaries so that independents that lean right or left are allowed to participate in choosing the presidential candidates. To also help boost voting participation, I'd start "Mail Votes" and "Online Primaries" in which you can vote for candidates online, which would include a video of their debates, and summaries of what they support, (same for the mail, excluding the video) and people who were apart of the part of that party or independent could vote via mail or online. I'd also set up a third party organization that does is not an elected position or appointed by the government to determine voting districts fairly. The goal is to create a less radically divided government, that can compromise.

The second part would be to attack the budget issues. I'd close all but a very few key military bases overseas, and decrease the active military further. Then, for an entire year, if this is possible, I'd stop all government spending, social programs, infrastructure improvements, scientific management except for government workers like teachers and the military, and utilities. Instead, I'd make it up to the states to decide if they are going to have welfare or infrastructure improvements for that year, and that it would in no way come from the federal government. So it'd be up for the people of the state to decide those issues. With this decreased spending would come a decreased need for taxes, and so I'd lower taxes hopefully promoting consumer purchases and companies to start employing again. After that, whatever money the government did earn would go to paying off our debt, if it would help at all. You would still receive these improvements, but it would be up to the states, not the federal government, to pay, if the states and people want these improvements anyway. To fix healthcare, I'd simply make health insurers compete in the market like homeowners or auto insurance. I'd also go back to the gold standard.

Finally, I would try to make america, if only temporarily, like it was in the 1800's industrial revolution by promoting american factory system again, only with minimum wage set and safe conditions and stuff. I would try to promote american industries creating the things Americans buy, by setting a high tariff on many imports that would compete with these new factory productions. I would also set a "Overseas Penalty", if this doesn't already exist, that would tax companies per worker for each person they hire who is not an american citizen. This would count for illegal immigrants and overseas workers. I'd also say that after certain date, to be considered an american citizen, you have to be born in a U.S. territory and be born to at least one legal U.S. citizen. I'd also make it where to apply for welfare, you must prove you are a citizen of the U.S., and if you are caught illegal in the country more than 3 times, you are no longer eligible for U.S. citizenship ever. This only applies to people born in the U.S, and not those coming here legally.

I know there are more issues but this would be the start. What do you think?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
If I was president, this is how I'd fix america? - Mitch - 03-09-2014 06:13 PM
[] - GIO C - 03-09-2014, 06:15 PM
[] - 325 - 03-09-2014, 06:24 PM
[] - Steven - 03-09-2014, 06:33 PM
[] - Sub Ponte - 03-09-2014, 06:37 PM
[] - caspian88 - 03-09-2014, 06:42 PM
[] - Cabal - 03-09-2014, 06:45 PM