This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
shy, gay, depressed teen starting uni (male, 17)?
10-15-2012, 07:53 PM

I am so sorry you have these self-esteem issues. I hate to disillusion you but university/freshers, although a great opportunity to make a fresh start, make new friends and enjoy new experiences, will not automatically make you a different person or your problems go away.

Before you feel comfortable in social situations, meeting new people, relationships, and public gatherings you need to first address your self-image and improve it. This is easier said and done, but I want to remind you that your list of "major problems" as you call them does not define who you are or what you do as a person. There is no reason why being gay, having acne, a curved spine... or even two heads should affect your university life if you don't let it!

Remember there are always people who feel the same way, and always people who have it worse. You've made it into university, which a minute percentage of the world's population achieve, so that in itself is amazing. I know it is hard but try to make the most of the opportunities you are given and focus on the positives over the negatives so you can move forward.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Pixie - 10-15-2012 07:53 PM
[] - RoaringMice - 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM
[] - Joseph Fitzgerald - 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM
[] - Iamxoable - 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM
[] - Amer - 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM
[] - S.M. Blackett - 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM
[] - FA - 10-15-2012, 07:53 PM