This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is your prediction on the future of music?
03-13-2014, 09:45 AM

I’m not answering this question to get the Best Answer award, only to share what’s on my mind. I’ve associated myself around the music business over 50 years. I can play multiple instruments and create compositions within just about any genre that comes along. The question you are asking is nothing new and is always talked about, but it is not always easy to predict.

I’m seeing many indications that reflect a teeter-totter effect. An increasing amount of young people are opting out of current pop music in favor of sounds from the past. Teens, more now than ever, are choosing vintage Rock ‘n’ Roll along with early Country. Just the other day two young girls came by dressed in typical fashion. I expected the usual but instead, to my surprise, they performed Bluegrass.

You can go as far back as the early 20th century and find that the most prominent trends in music of the day, had an approximate life expectancy of ten years. It doesn’t mean any form of music is lost, but rather set aside in preference of a newer sound. That being said, much of what is heard today is wearing thin. Therefore, its not going to be a matter of revival so much, as to take the old down a new path. With the desire and initiation to enjoy previous music that were once hits, can only lead to a novel reform with its own unique sound reflective of a newer generation. By most observations, evidence shows that not only trends of style, but trends in music of the “Millennium Influence” is coming to a close. Music is also reflective in the change of mainstream fashion. My friend made a unique observation. He stated, that in seeing a number of girls and women wearing their clothes back around the waist, there has to be a form of music to compliment the ambience of rebellion. And since, as witnessed online, so many people are becoming fond of the old styles again, yet not brave enough to wear them everyday. Therefore it goes back to his previous statement of blending in a form of music to meet the mood and frame of mind. Which in turn brings about courage to change much in the same formula of the mid to later ‘60s.

I agree, music may become more electrified, but that’s beside the point. The point is, whatever is designated will cast light on the spirit of what is experimented with, and the inherent thirst to see it through.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - metalripper - 03-13-2014, 09:18 AM
[] - Ramblin' Man - 03-13-2014, 09:30 AM
[] - Wendigo - 03-13-2014, 09:34 AM
[] - Ernst - 03-13-2014 09:45 AM