This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What should I do about my secretive younger sister?
03-14-2014, 08:15 AM

Shes 16, which is a good sign that shes possibly experiencing teenage insecurities, new found interest in boys, a lot of cahnges going on in her hormones&#x2F;mind. She is still mentally very young, but is has probably moved into the independant thinking stage of her life where she wants to make her own decisions, but these could he misguided due to lack of knowledge.

The fact that she posted a picture of your art work and claimled it as her own is not the main issue at all. no the fact that she did this shows us that she is possibly trying to establish a sense of belonging and identity in her life. Which could indicate that she doesn&#x27;t understand her own value as a person.

Advice:
1. Take her out for a coffee, and just be calm and relaxed - and just ask her how her school life, social life is going? Ask her her if everything is okay? Talk about potential changes that she may be going through.
2. Now if I were you I wouldn&#x27;t be judgemental, hostile, or confrontational.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Crazyoldcatlady - 03-14-2014, 07:50 AM
[] - Riley. - 03-14-2014, 08:06 AM
[] - Cameryn - 03-14-2014, 08:10 AM
[] - drlu - 03-14-2014 08:15 AM
[] - Hamid - 03-14-2014, 08:23 AM