This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I need to get new/more friends. How do I approach it?
03-16-2014, 12:53 AM
I need to get new/more friends. How do I approach it?
Alright. So I'm a 26 year old male and I've been going through 15 months of the most severe depression in my life after being dumped by who I thought was my future wife. I've been through half a year of therapy and have come to realize that I am REALLY lonely and secluded. I sit on a computer practically all day, both at work and at home, and the time I don't, I usually bring my laptop to sit at a coffeehouse alone, but having strangers around me makes me feel slightly less lonely.

I have no REAL friends. Perhaps 2-3 good ones, but no one that even once bothered to come over or even ask me out when my depression was hitting hardest. I don't really understand why, because I am friendly, quite good looking and VERY empathetic. I can openly talk about feelings, I am not afraid to cry and I never make people feel bad when they confess something they'd rather not. I don't think I am bad friend material and I don't have problems with girls, but I really don't know how to make friends anymore.

Being 26 years old and done with school, I don't really know WHERE to meet new people. I just want to start somewhere, meet some good people, meet their friends and on and on. I just need to get started and I have no clue where.

I am gonna beat the crap out of this situation and I really hope you can help me!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I need to get new/more friends. How do I approach it? - jumbocactuar - 03-16-2014 12:53 AM
[] - Gogol1387 - 03-16-2014, 01:04 AM
[] - Clark - 03-16-2014, 01:19 AM