This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is your reaction to this religious statement?
03-18-2014, 04:30 AM
What is your reaction to this religious statement?
I went on twitter to check see how people are doing yesterday, and this one person (no names shall be mentioned) made the following post on his twitter account:

"The only people that are truly lost, are the people who haven't found Jesus."

Yikes!!! When I saw that, my soul "literally" cringed and shook inside of me, while my mind was going "huh???" Something deep inside of me told me that this statement, face value, is terrible, ESPECIALLY from a spiritual perspective. Others who I showed it to just shook thier heads at how can anyone make such a statement (many of them are Christians themselves).

Now, I understand that people have the right to believe what they want to believe and say what they want, but at the same time, one should be careful in what they say, especially with regards to their relationship (i.e. thier faith) in God, which is a private matter.

My question therefore is two-fold:
1) How would you react to such a statement?
2) What would you say to that person who makes such a statement?
Think of this also in terms of the "true" teachings of Christianity and of Jesus Christ, and from the point of view of those of other religions when you answer this question.
@ PROBLEM: This is not offensive, but just really rattled me inside, as it would be to other Christians and those of other religions. I bet you even Jesus Christ would not endorse such a statement, if he was asked. Thanks for your answer.
@JoeN: That is a great response - it would befuddle the person and even confuse to the point of making him think "why did I even make such a statement?". Good stuff, by the way with the video.
@Nicole: Yes. Jesus Christ taught LOVE, and that means tolerance, even to those who are different from you in various ways.

The same person also made a statement about "People who call themselves Christan are not" (paraphrasing). He claims to be Christian and to love Jesus, but then why is he making such statements, even with respect to his fellow Christians?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What is your reaction to this religious statement? - crazyneerav - 03-18-2014 04:30 AM
[] - PROBLEM - 03-18-2014, 04:37 AM
[] - Joe N - 03-18-2014, 04:42 AM
[] - Nicole - 03-18-2014, 04:54 AM
[] - Tina - 03-18-2014, 05:07 AM
[] - WellTraveledProg - 03-18-2014, 05:18 AM
[] - Sarnaath - 03-18-2014, 05:28 AM
[] - angelique48033 - 03-18-2014, 05:43 AM