This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is wrong with me?
03-20-2014, 12:21 AM

You are being way too hard on yourself. Please please don't ever do anything to hurt yourself - the truth is that you are a unique treasure created by God regardless of what anyone (including yourself) says, does, or thinks. Now is a great time to develop a close relationship with God who loves you more than you can imagine.

May I suggest that the first question to ask yourself when considering whether or not to date someone is, “Is this person a strong person?” If they’re not, no matter how much you like them, how much they like you, or how “cute” or “hot” they are, - please don’t date them. A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), puts forth their best effort, and displays self-control (of their body, anger, tongue and money).

My suggestion is that you put in the effort necessary to become a strong person (if you’re not already) and eventually look for this type of girl (otherwise you are setting yourself up for a broken heart). Unfortunately this type of woman is difficult to find - but save yourself the heartache and don’t settle for less.

(Please remember that you eventually want a 40, 50, or 60 year marriage - not a 5 or 10 year marriage.)

Hope this helps!

PS Strong men attract strong women like magnets (as well as weak women - so be careful). The best way to get to know a strong woman without dating is to participate in the activities of a community service organization or a religious organization.

PPS A strong man isn't really too concerned about what a strong woman looks like.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
What is wrong with me? - Akasm - 03-19-2014, 11:52 PM
[] - . - 03-20-2014, 12:07 AM
[] - Pieman - 03-20-2014, 12:19 AM
[] - James W. - 03-20-2014 12:21 AM
[] - ♫★ALEXA★♫ - 03-20-2014, 12:35 AM
[] - Zoë - 03-20-2014, 12:40 AM
[] - Isabell - 03-20-2014, 12:51 AM
[] - Jenny-Lee - 03-20-2014, 01:02 AM
[] - Brett - 03-20-2014, 01:12 AM