This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do you think my boyfriends being mean? What should I do I'm so worried:(?
03-21-2014, 01:01 PM

It sounds like your boyfriend has started to act abusively towards you. He is saying he's insecure and that he thinks you don't want to be around him as a way to manipulate you so you will let him get away with this horrible behavior. I was your age when I started going out with an Ex partner of mine, not long after we got together he started acting a similar way. He started off by telling me he has "anger issues" and drew me in with the "poor me" routine, He started putting me down in public and going into rages over nothing, being really attached one minute and totally cold the next. I put up with these things and over time things escalated. By the end of our six year relationship I lost all of my self confidence, a lot of my friends and was utterly utterly devastated. Once someone crosses the line and starts treating you disrespectfully it's almost never possible for them to regain a respectful view of you and treat you in the way that you deserve. You do not have to be violent to be abusive. The statistics show that women find the verbal assaults from abusive partners even more detrimental in the long term than physical violence (Though both are equally unacceptable)

I urge you to look up verbal abuse and manipulation within relationships online and see if you really want to spend any longer with this person that seems like he really does not deserve someone like you.

Good luck, I really hope you get out of this before it gets any worse.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - shortie - 03-21-2014, 12:05 PM
[] - meep - 03-21-2014, 12:19 PM
[] - Finwie - 03-21-2014, 12:35 PM
[] - Randall - 03-21-2014, 12:41 PM
[] - Ben - 03-21-2014, 12:56 PM
[] - Mizz - 03-21-2014 01:01 PM