This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can someone please give me advice about what's on my mind right now.?
03-22-2014, 07:16 PM

A couple of thoughts.
1. It is nice you have some plans for the future but these are all resting on getting a job and that will be difficult without a college degree.
2. Unless you have some dual citizenship or something similar you will likely not be able to move to another country unless you have pre-arranged employment in that country. Again, this will mean that you will need a college degree.
3. Depending on where you live and those costs $60,000 is probably not going to be enough to support a family when your wife has to quit working.
4. Being a dad to undo the lack of fathering you received sounds like a lofty goal but you may discover that fathering is a tougher job that you realize and once you get immersed in parenthood and then come out the other side in your 50s you may discover that your own father did a pretty good job all things considered.
5. College costs are crazy and the best thing to do is to try to minimize your loans, if possible. The worst thing to do is to keep jumping around and switching majors or schools as it just adds costs.
6. Taking summers off is nice but unless you get a career as a teacher you won't be getting summers off in your future career life.
7. A 4 years Bachelors degree is the minimum requirement for a large number of jobs these days. In my field of computers it has been the minimum requirement for the past 10 years. If you can't do the 4 year degree get at least a 2 year Associates degree.
8. You are 23 that means that you are 42-45 years from retirement. There is plenty of time to accomplish all the things on your wish list.
9. Go get a degree, a job and find a woman you love and that loves you.

Best Wishes!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Jenny - 03-22-2014, 06:44 PM
[] - Carlos Danger - 03-22-2014, 06:47 PM
[] - magicbird - 03-22-2014, 07:02 PM
[] - shipwreck - 03-22-2014, 07:10 PM
[] - Richard L - 03-22-2014 07:16 PM