This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unsure of my future with my significant other?
03-24-2014, 10:28 AM

Neither of you are ready for a long term (marriage) relationship. That's pretty blunt, but it's the truth. Neither of you are ready.

How can I tell? Well, his obsession with social media shows he's obsessed with himself - who is trying to contact MEEEEEE!!!!! Moreover, his slovenliness and poor hygiene is another key point. That indicates depression - as well as self-centeredness. Both of these show that this guy is simply not ready for the realities of a LTR.

You admit to being neurotic and emotional instability. Just those issues alone are enought for me to say you aren't ready for the stress of a LTR.

If I were you I'd put the breaks on this distance nonsense pronto. That doesn't mean you can't have a relationship - but put this guy on "friend" status. He can be your cherished friend or your FWB or something - but not your "intended."

Then work on yourself. The whole neurosis and instability stuff needs to be managed and really taken care of - BEFORE you dare to enter into a relationshp that has even a ghost of a chance of making it. Once your own life is settled then and only then will you be able to have a truly happy, stable and loving relationship.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Natalia - 03-24-2014, 10:09 AM
[] - planner - 03-24-2014, 10:19 AM
[] - John - 03-24-2014, 10:21 AM
[] - Barbara B - 03-24-2014 10:28 AM
[] - riversconfluence - 03-24-2014, 10:37 AM
[] - Rosalie - 03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
[] - Messykatt - 03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
[] - Asked and Answered - 03-24-2014, 10:48 AM