This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unsure of my future with my significant other?
03-24-2014, 10:44 AM

Nope. Go find a grownup. He's a boy.
WHile once upon a time it was seen as a badge of honor to civilize a guy like this, you have said it yourself- this makes you crazy, and not in a good way.

CHecking his phone and teams and social media is a form of addiction. Common, yes, but still - and addiction. It doesn't bode well if he isn't paying attention to you even when you're together. If this is happening while you're dating, just think how it will fill his attention when you settle in and life become routine. You'd never see anything but the back of his head, ever again. I guarantee it.

It would be one thing if you had doubts about things that aren't fundamental- but I fail to see how he is being supportive. If he were actually doing that, you wouldn't feel "neurotic" about him - you would want to spend more time with him as the only time you didn't feel that way. It isn't you - it's him. A man who is secure and gives you confidence doesn't make you neurotic. That's not how it works.

You can go ahead and move in with him fo the summer, but I'm sure it will cement what I've said. You have had time away to see what he truly is - a college boy who can barely take care of himself, much less you.

You're ready for more than that, and he may or may not ever be a real grownup. It's not a good idea for you to take him on and try to shape him into one - because that comes from the inside out.

Tell him it's not working out - you've seen him up close and far away. He's not for you, and he never will be. And as long as you're with him, you won't find the guy you deserve.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Natalia - 03-24-2014, 10:09 AM
[] - planner - 03-24-2014, 10:19 AM
[] - John - 03-24-2014, 10:21 AM
[] - Barbara B - 03-24-2014, 10:28 AM
[] - riversconfluence - 03-24-2014, 10:37 AM
[] - Rosalie - 03-24-2014 10:44 AM
[] - Messykatt - 03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
[] - Asked and Answered - 03-24-2014, 10:48 AM