This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unsure of my future with my significant other?
03-24-2014, 10:44 AM

The problem here is obvious, if that helps. You want to be in a committed, serious relationship, including major steps like moving in together. But that's a disconnect from reality, because your relationship is nowhere near stable enough to be at that point. In fact, sometimes people in LDR's like the idea of being "with someone", but without the hassles of 24/7 exposure. It's convenient.

In your case, there's even a bigger risk and that's your young age. Even now, you have 3 or 4 years to go before you're fully adult in all senses of the word - mentally, emotionally, physically. Hopefully, both of you are changing and maturing during this protracted separation. The odds that you'd move in together and sail off happily into the sunset as a couple are almost nil.

I'm not sure why you mention selfishness, because none of this has anything to do with selfishness Maybe it's subconscious, but you're just protecting yourself. The issue isn't social media - it's about ALL the changes and habits that you won't be aware of until you spend extended quality time with each other.

So I'm not sure what to suggest, because only you know if the good outweighs the bad at this point. But if it does, that's not a green light to go from LDR to living together. You need to know he can function as an adult BEFORE taking that step.

If you want to keep evaluating this, fine, but when you start talking about future plans, regardless of who has to actually move, maintain your independence and require him to do the same. Take it gradually.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Natalia - 03-24-2014, 10:09 AM
[] - planner - 03-24-2014, 10:19 AM
[] - John - 03-24-2014, 10:21 AM
[] - Barbara B - 03-24-2014, 10:28 AM
[] - riversconfluence - 03-24-2014, 10:37 AM
[] - Rosalie - 03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
[] - Messykatt - 03-24-2014 10:44 AM
[] - Asked and Answered - 03-24-2014, 10:48 AM