This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I am concerned about my 22 year old daughter & social media. Should I speak with her.?
03-24-2014, 10:33 AM

You know you have to try. But I notice anybody between the ages of 15 and 49 seem to know everything about anything, and especially about the damned social media. I have tried to reason with family and friends for years about this, and so far nobody seems to get where I am coming from. It is simple: ONCE YOU PUT YOU INFORMATION OUT THERE, and it does not matter how small or meaningless, YOU CAN NOT KEEP IT PRIVATE OR BRING IT BACK. I cringe every time the news reveals that some big company or Federal information site has been compromised. I cringe to here that Apple, Yahoo!, and Google actually sell information (even though they swear they don't).

And I cringed, when Dr. Oz revealed how a woman eventually was found a raped, by simply "face-booking" and twittering innocent information to a stranger. Stuff like oh the mountains near my home are so beautiful, and My son plays for the Brewers in our little town.

I hate to say it, but the biggest headache in the coming years is going to be identity fraud. And other violent crimes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Random - 03-24-2014, 10:28 AM
[] - Maka Piapia - 03-24-2014 10:33 AM
[] - Anand - 03-24-2014, 10:42 AM