This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Zero social life only one "friend" any advice?
03-24-2014, 10:35 AM

Your life, your choices. You reap the rewards you invest in. You invest in isolation so you get loneliness. Get out there, be creative, don't let no money be your crutches to not living. I have gamer friends who make friends through gaming chats.

- Try volunteering: visit seniors, read to kids at library, clean a river on the kayak the city provides, help an ESL teacher - teach folks to learn English as a second language (those folks are extremely grateful and will incorporate you into their family if they like you), habitate for humanities to build houses, soup kitchen, big brother/sister to a little kid
- Get or borrow a dog by offering to walk someone's dog. While walking the dog, I meet other dog walkers and it's so easy to strike up a conversation.
- try meetup.com
- try square dancing. I told my gamer friend to wait for me at this building. I was 1hr late while he sat around watching people have fun square dancing. Eventually, he got drawn into it and had fun.
- Imagine if you could get a life off the shelf at a store, what would your life look like? Be realistic. A billionaire doesn't have many friends, they're never happy with what they have and always wondering if their friends are friends because of their money.

For example, I wanted to go see movies at the theaters and have someone go with me. I found free movie screenings, watch a movie at the theater before it gets release to the public and get free posters. While waiting in line, I talked to folks around me. Now, 4yrs into doing this 1-3 movies per week, several people look forward to seeing me, save seats for me even though I'm in the back of the line. Even my family joins me sometimes. Point is, say hi and strike up a conversation. If you don't know how, youtube or research it.

If you risk nothing, you gain nothing. Doing embarrassing things will get you smiles. But saying hi and talking to strangers without coming off creepy, gets rejection and friends.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Meli - 03-24-2014, 10:27 AM
[] - jake - 03-24-2014, 10:30 AM
[] - Ann - 03-24-2014 10:35 AM