This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stepson's mom not married to military boyfriend, can SS be on his military insurance?
10-15-2012, 08:06 PM

First of all: if the birth mother and boyfriend are not married, then no one is covered under any military health plan. By Federal law, only Servicemembers and their legal dependants (married, birth children, adopted, etc) can be covered.

Being a girlfriend, fiance, etc, etc, has no bearing and is not covered. If the Boyfriend has his six children covered under TRICARE, then that is good-to-go, but your Stepson is not covered. If he is, then that is fraud and can be prosecuted under Federal Law. The bottom line is that the ex-wife and boyfriend can not legally put your stepson on any sort of military health insurance plan.

If your SS does not even live with his mother, I am assuming then that he lives with you and your husband. I fail to see what the issue really is, except for what is essentially harassment.

Despite your desire to avoid it, I'm recommending that you get the lawyers involved and get this settled - if nothing else have some sort of cease and desist order taken out to get her to stop the FB harassment.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Laura - 10-15-2012, 08:06 PM
[] - Md - 10-15-2012, 08:06 PM
[] - MAJ Kev - 10-15-2012 08:06 PM