This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I sound like a bad friend?
03-24-2014, 10:51 AM

You're one of the most rude people I've read about so far. Congrats...?
1. She has social anxiety. You could never understand how awkward and scared you feel. It's a disorder. Not something you can laugh off.
2. I get that you're trying to be funny, but not every one of your friends is the same. We all perceive and understand jokes differently. That's a horrible joke. Your other friends might laugh, but someone might not. Stop talking that way to her. I had a friend who was like that and she made me feel like the most worthless person ever because of her "jokes."
3. Let someone dream. You know how she has crushed on celebrities? Who doesn't? Ever heard the phrase, "Don't let small minds convince you that your dreams are too big."? YOU are the small mind trying to make her change her dreams for you.
4. She only has 30 Facebook friends? If you judge people by the amount of Facebook friends they have, then your very judgmental. What if someone had 5 friends but was the most amazing, fun person ever, and you never got to know them because you thought "Only 5 friends, what a loser." Give people a chance before judging them. You never know their story.
5. She has the problem, not you. Social anxiety is a serious deal. YOU have to put up with nothing. You don't have a problem in the world, so before you say you have to deal with her, remember that compared to her problems, yours are nothing.
6. If someone doesn't understand a joke and they are offended by what you say, apologize. Apologizing won't make you a lesser person. If you offend someone you should say sorry!
7. I have a friend like this in my "social circle" except they don't have social anxiety and she's actually a pretty cool person when you listen to her. She's my best friend now. Smile
8. Don't assume you know everything about everyone. The only person you truly know is yourself.
9. Yes, you sound like a horrible friend. Apologize for being so mean to her. Not everyone can be perfect to you! Understand that everybody is different. Don't change people to be your slaves.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Do I sound like a bad friend? - diggy - 03-24-2014, 10:25 AM
[] - InstantKarma - 03-24-2014, 10:33 AM
[] - doorbitt - 03-24-2014, 10:40 AM
[] - Rosie - 03-24-2014, 10:43 AM
[] - Emma - 03-24-2014 10:51 AM
[] - Blah - 03-24-2014, 10:56 AM
[] - Annie - 03-24-2014, 11:06 AM