This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do I sound like a bad friend?
03-24-2014, 11:06 AM

I dont want to be mean... but you are being awful to this poor girl! i am sorry but its true. she seems very shy and sensitive, like me so i will give you some insight into the minds of shy peopleWink your friend said that she was scared to talk. this is probably because she doesn't have other friends, so she is scare of saying the wrong thing and losing the one friend that she has. Try to put yourself in her shoes. picture that You finally make a friend, but what if you upset that friends family with something that you say? that could be what she thinks. Or, she could be having trouble thinking of what to say. When i am with friends and family, i talk and talk and talk. But with new people, my mind goes blank!! so instead of leaving your friend to talk with others, suggest something that she should say to your friends, then maybe she will feel less at a lost for words and be more encouraged to talk. Try saying "you dont need to worry, just be yourself like you are around me!" it will make her feel better and you will be a better friend. Also, you may have been joking about her dying alone BUT she is sensitive a nd that comes across as MEAN!! so, apologize if you can or dont make comments like this again. Since she only has celeb crushes, why not say" you know so-and-so? I think you guys would be great together!!" that is a positive comment that will maybe make your friend feel more motivated to put herself out there and talk to the guy you said she would look good with. Also, you should hang out with her and email her!! you NOT doing these things could be the reason she is so shy: she may not feel like you guys are actually friends!! a good friend stays in touch!! like i said, i can be sort of shy, but i know that i am like a different person when people are nice and friendly. SO BE NICE!!!Big Grin it will make a world of difference with you and your shy friend!!!!
so, to review....
put yourself in her situation and UNDERSTAND\
suggest things to say
apologize or no meanish jokes
email her, you dont have to necessarily follow her, but you could show her wat YOU post and suggest she try some new material_ suggest NICELY!!!
the key to having this girl break ou of her shell is to make her feel comfortable. So do so by baing a better friend. Hope i helped u i know its hard to understand us shy peeps lol
but really, u havent been very nice, but you CAN be!!! hav faith in your inner good friend!! this girl will beciome less shy everyday if u listen to my advice. You will be happier, and so will your friend.<3
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Do I sound like a bad friend? - diggy - 03-24-2014, 10:25 AM
[] - InstantKarma - 03-24-2014, 10:33 AM
[] - doorbitt - 03-24-2014, 10:40 AM
[] - Rosie - 03-24-2014, 10:43 AM
[] - Emma - 03-24-2014, 10:51 AM
[] - Blah - 03-24-2014, 10:56 AM
[] - Annie - 03-24-2014 11:06 AM