This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Will a GFCF diet help with the SPD of Autism?
03-24-2014, 10:29 AM

The only way to know if this may help your child is to try it. Anecdotal stories support the fact that some children benefit by avoiding gluten and dairy. I choose to avoid wheat and other gluten grains because of GMO commonly associated with these products. My grains of choice are brown rice and quinoa. I avoid milk, yogurt, and other dairy products. Instead I eat a lot of dark leafy greens (calcium, iron, and protein). To round out the protein requirement, I consume brown rice and legumes (peas, beans, lentils). Excess protein in American diets are associated with many chronic diseases such as vascular disease and some forms of cancer.

I would learn about the Whole Food Plant Based (WFPB) diet advocated by T. Colin Campbell. For specific information about diet and autism, see Neal Barnard's web site, or order one of his many excellent books. You might discover that altering the entire family's diet may be of great health benefit to you.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[] - Skeptic - 03-24-2014 10:29 AM
[] - Shauna - 03-24-2014, 10:31 AM
[] - JMITW - 03-24-2014, 10:35 AM
[] - Douglas - 03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
[] - irving snotpocket - 03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
[] - J-Dawn - 03-24-2014, 10:47 AM