This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have nothing to live for.?
03-24-2014, 10:38 AM

I was just like you- except the time was 1966! My IQ was 165 I wore glasses and was overweight. Felt ugly too. here is some of what I learned in the last 60 years.

I was not ugly, and neither are you. Girls have a different standard they look for than men do. Women are turned on by sense of humor, quirkiness, confidence- these can all be developed.

I didn't have friends because I was trying too hard with the wrong people. I was too blind to see the people who looked up to me. They are there for you too- but you have to look.

We are introverts- that's doesn't mean we don't like people- just means we are capable of working alone with no problems. we have to put a little effort into speaking to people. Turns out I am really good at public speaking and leadership.

But you gotta put yourself out there- people will mock you- so what? People will poke fun - so what? Poke fun at yourself (verbal Jiu-jitsu) Take a stand and make something happen. they only thing worse than failing is never trying. Start to live up to your potential. Here is a clue- it takes work- I suspect things have come to you easy - now you need to work to develop some new skills.

RIght now you are afraid of being rejected- yeah I know- comes with the territory. Hard to ask a girl out and risk rejection. What I know now is they are just as afraid of never being asked. There are a lot of girls out there just as confused as you are.

Be open and approachable, you need to make an effort to make small talk and ask questions about other people. learn to tell a few jokes, have things to talk about.

Volunteer- for anything. You will find yourself working with a group of people with a common interest. Compliment people, don't be afraid to ask for help- NO bragging about how smart you are- let your actions talk for you.

take up a sport- any sport - put your self in groups with a common interest.

Last thing- being 16 is tough in this day and age- everyone gets depressed - you will grow out of it- the more you do for yourself- the faster that occurs. Don't wait until your 60 to get smart.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
I have nothing to live for.? - Joseph - 03-24-2014, 10:31 AM
[] - roughedges - 03-24-2014 10:38 AM
[] - Hannah - 03-24-2014, 10:45 AM
[] - DeAnne - 03-24-2014, 10:51 AM
[] - Fred F - 03-24-2014, 11:01 AM
[] - Dana Howell - 03-24-2014, 11:05 AM
[] - lobster - 03-24-2014, 11:06 AM